Lockheed Constellation Survivors

N4247K c/n 4144

L1049B N4247K June 4, 1986 L1049B N4247K December 1987 L1049B N4247K February 12, 2004
At Arlington, WA on June 4, 1986 being restored for its ill-fated South Pacific fish hauling venture (Peter M. Garwood) Rare shot at Nagoya, Japan in December 1987 while hauling fish (Nobuo Oyama) Stored at Manila Intl Airport in deteriorating condition on February 12, 2004 (Jay Selman)
  • Final registration - N4247K
  • Delivered to US Navy December 1953 as R7V-1 BuN 131643
  • Redesignated C-121J October 1962
  • Named “Ole Blue from Point Mugu” while in service there
  • Retired and stored at Davis Monthan AFB by October 1973
  • Offered for sale February 1981
  • To William "Winky" Crawford trading as Northern Peninsula Fisheries May 1981 as N4247K
  • Restored for ferry flight and flown to Arlington, WA June 1981
  • To World Fish and Agriculture, Inc October 1987 (company owned by Crawford)
  • Restoration completed November 1987 and ferried to Palau Island in the Pacific the second week of November
  • Flew tuna from Palau Island to Nagoya, Japan for three months, beginning November 24, 1987
  • Impounded at Manila Airport, Philippines by June 1988
  • Stored in deteriorating condition at Manila Airport
  • Qantas Founders Museum obtained aircraft at September 12, 2014 auction at Manila Airport
  • Disassembled March 2015 and stored at airport while waiting transport by sea to Australia
  • Arrived at the Port of Townsville, Queensland, Australia on May 20, 2017

Page Top Home L1049