Lockheed Constellation Survivors

D-ALIN c/n 4604

L1049G D-ALIN April 8, 1966 L1049G D-ALIN 1969 L1049G D-ALIN May 8, 2005
On a very stormy night at Frankfurt, Germany on April 8, 1966 while still in service with Lufhansa
(Photo by Fred Rohrer via Stephen Miller)
After retiring D-ALIN in 1967, Lufthansa donated it to Flughafen Hamburg GmbH where it is seen on display two years later (Carl Kramer) The Hermeskeil Museum has taken very good care of D-ALIN as evidenced by this May 2005 photo
(Copyright Emmanuel Perez)
  • Final registration - D-ALIN
  • Delivered to Lufthansa March 1955 as L1049G D-ALIN
  • Retired July 10, 1967
  • Donated to Flughafen Hamburg GmbH September 7, 1967 and displayed at Hamburg Airport until May 1980
  • Disassembled and transported by road to the Hermeskeil Museum at Mosel, Germany May 1980
  • On display at museum as D-ALIN by 1981


Page Top Home L1049